Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo

Camp Nanowrimo has officially started today!


Image Source

Camp NaNoWriMo is an online writing camp that takes place in April and July. Camp is almost exactly the same as November NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). The main differences between Camp and November NaNo is the time it takes place, and during Camp you can customize your word count goal, instead of having to write 50,000 words, you can write as few as 10,000, or as high as you would like.

This month I will be completing the last three chapters of "The Paths of Thyme" and revising it. I will also be writing a collection of short stories, some of which will be shared on this blog in the future. I will be working on my entry for Five Enchanted Roses, a short story contest for retellings of the story of Beauty and the Beast, hosted by RoogleWood Press.

What about you? Are you planning on participating in Camp NaNoWriMo? If so, what projects are you working on? Let me know in the comments, I always love to hear from you!

6 comments:

  1. I am definitely taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo. I haven't missed one since I first discovered it (sometimes I think it would kill me not to do one). I'm continuing with my superhero/fairytale rewrite series, and so far I'm really enjoying this second book. Good luck with your entry for the Five Enchanted Roses. I would love to take part in something like that, but I never can think of anything to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I haven't missed any either. Your super hero fairy tale series looks so interesting from what I've seen on your blog, I especially like your new character Fish. I have a few ideas, but I'm not very happy with them, hopefully something good will come to me during camp.

      Delete
  2. Hey Andrea,

    I'm doing a private cabin and I was wondering if you would like to join? So far it's just Maddie Jay and me. If you want to, what's your name there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting me Brooke! I'll have to think about it for a bit, I'm already in a full cabin. I'll let you know what I decide soon. My username is Mountain Rose. :)

      Delete
    2. Okay. I'll invite you, and if you'd like to you can just join from there. :)

      Delete