Sunday, July 6, 2014

Author Influence-M. M. Kaye

Image Source

"The Ordinary Princess" by M.M. Kaye, is one of my favorite books, it's a light hearted fairy tale, and a quick read, but is none the less up there with the rest of my favorite books. I have not read any other books by M.M. Kaye, but she still has influenced me. When I read the "Ordinary Princess" for the first time I fell in love with it, I believe that I've read that book more times than any other book. It always reminds me that It's okay to believe in fairy tales every once in a while, and that happy endings can happen even to ordinary people. 

You're never too old to read or write fairy tales, they are timeless, reminding us to believe in true love, and happy endings, even if some people think it's childish. 

2 comments:

  1. All very true Andrea :). The world is magical and bright and no one is ever to old to be a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. It's so sad that so often as people grow up they loose the wonder and joy for simple things. We should always hold on to our childhood, even when we grow up, fairytales are there to remind us of it.

      Delete