Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Briar Beauty

I drew this piece to celebrate the purchase of my new set of watercolor pencils. As most of you know there is currently a short story contest for Beauty and the Beast retellings called "Five Enchanted Roses" being hosted by Rooglewood Press. I've been racking my brain for inspiration for the contest, and decided to try a bit of sketching and see if I got any ideas. I'm quite pleased with the result and now have several ideas for the contest, but I can't tell you about them yet. Maybe sometime soon...



"Briar Beauty" by Andrea Nan

2 comments:

  1. I love it, she is beautiful especially love the hair. Your entering the contest too! :) That's great that you found your inspiration, can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also really like how the hair turned out. I have a ton of ideas for the contest, now I just have to decide which one to use... You'll hear about it when I decide on my idea. Good luck on your entry!

      Delete