Monday, July 14, 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo-Third Week

Hey guys, welcome to week three of Camp NaNoWriMo! I was planning on giving a big pep talk about not giving up, writing everyday, etc, but I decided that if I did that I would be a pretty big hypocrite, since I'm over four thousand words behind on my word count goal.

Image Source

Yikes, I know. I've been procrastinating for quite a while. So I haven't really gotten much writing done. You know, I've decided that procrastinating is probably the biggest enemy to creativity. Negativity is up there too, but it's not quite as big of a problem as procrastinating. I love writing, I love story telling, I love blogging, I love being a writer, and I would love to someday become an author, but I've got a little problem, well it's actually a big problem. I procrastinate all the time, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Procrastinating is easy to do, there's so many things you don't want to do, and so many other things that need to get done. It's really easy to put off the hard, boring, and annoying things that need to get done, and work on simpler, more enjoyable tasks instead. While you procrastinate you get a lot of other less important things done, but you still have the one huge task that you need to get done looming over your head, and it's not fun. In fact sometimes it can be downright miserable, and I'm not even sure why I do it all the time, it's really not worth it. Everyone always tells me that the only solution is to just do it, and while I guess I agree with that, it doesn't make it any less hard.

The third week of Camp NaNoWriMo has just started and I'm terribly behind, but I'm not going to give up. I can't promise that I will stop procrastinating, in fact I think that is unlikely, I can't give you a big pep talk, or encourage you to just keep going, but I'm not giving up, and I don't think you should either.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain with procrastination. This past week or so has been so hard to make myself hit par every day. I'm lucky that my sisters are all doing NaNo so they've been motivating me, but the week two struggle really hit hard for me this Camp. You can catch that 4k up though. Now you're through week 2, I'm sure you'll be able to find the motivation to write those extra words. Weeks 3 and 4 are great for that. It's the big build up to the rush at the end. I love this part of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm really hoping to get a good dose of motivation near the end, that's what happened last November, I finished five minutes to midnight on the last day. Talk about cutting it close...

      Delete