Sunday, June 29, 2014

Author Influence-George MacDonald

George MacDonald is one of my favorite authors. I adore The Princess and the Goblin, and its sequel, The Princess and Curdie, as well as most of his many short stories. George MacDonald influenced both C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, and I am proud to say that he has influenced me as well. 

Image Source 

George MacDonald has reminded me to dream big, and let my imagination take flight. No idea is too wild, strange, or fanciful, anything can happen. Goblins with shoes, ugly creatures with hearts of gold, princesses as light as air, great old grandmothers who live in attics, fires of roses, children named after horses, a girl who has never seen daylight, and a boy who has never seen the night.

His beautiful stories will stay with me always, lending their glorious color to my imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment