Sunday, June 8, 2014

Author Influence-Jessica Day George

Image Source                                           Image Source

Jessica Day George is one of my favorite authors. Her Dragon Slippers, and Tuesdays at the Castle series are among my top favorite books of all time. When I read Jessica's books I was surprised to find that her characters were doing things like knitting, or embroidering, and those things became a major plot point in the story. Then I discovered that these were things that Jessica enjoyed doing herself. She had taken things she loved and written about them, in an unusual and fun way. She even wrote her dog, Pippin, into Dragon Slippers. I had always heard that you should write what you love, but Jessica Day George really drove that into my mind. She has inspired me to write what I love, and to keep it fun. You might as well have a good time while you write.

No comments:

Post a Comment