Thursday, August 7, 2014

Character Development Series-Favorite Season


Sorry everybody, this post is a day late. I lost track of the days of the week, which seems to happen so often in the summer, which is related to this week's character development series question. What's your character's favorite season? Why? In the summer the days seem to blend together into one long stream of time. The days are hot, long, and usually filled with carefree fun. In the fall, which happens to be my favorite season, the air is crisper, and leaves turn colors and fall from the trees. Time is more measured in this season, as kids head of to school and watch the clock carefully so they are not late to any of their many activities. In the winter the world is cold, and white. Time seems to slow down, picking up only through the winter holidays. That are filled with fun and laughter, but a different sort than in summer. Finally we have spring, where time begins to speed up again, the snow melts, the earth turns green, and the world explodes back into color. It rains often, bringing new life, and lot's of mud. So which season is your character's favorite? Which one can they identify with most?

Note: I am aware that seasons do not always behave this way depending on where you live.

Don't forget to comment! I always love hearing from you!

8 comments:

  1. Hm...this is an interesting one! (The funny thing is, my favorite season is fall, but all my characters end up HATING that time of the year.) Most of the people I write have a thing for spring. To quote my character Maladia: "When you suddenly realizes that the snow is gone, completely now, and leaves are appearing on the trees all around you, beautiful life is suddenly hard to ignore. And my life is easy to forget about."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's beautiful Ghost Ryter! Maladia sounds like a character who has a hard life, but is able to look past it and enjoy the beauty of spring and new beginnings. I love the quote!

      Delete
  2. I guess my character Emma would like Summer the best because she loves taking a swim in the pool and just hanging out with her mom. But I think she most identifies with Winter Weather since she is a bit cold to people, but when you get to know her, she's a great person.
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    Carly @ Books and Etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really neat that she can identify with a different season other than her favorite.

      Thanks for the nomination Carly! You asked some really neat questions!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm I think Bellatrae's favorite season is spring because she gets to go out and start digging in the garden. It used to be the time her father was home from the airships as well, and that was always big fun.


    Ashtyn's favorite season is fall. The harvests come in and the hunters seem to fare a little better during those months and she in turn eats better. It also cools down considerably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat! Bellatrae is a very unusual and pretty name. I can't wait to hear more about your five enchanted roses contest entry. Good luck with it! Which book is Ashtyn from? Sorry, I have a hard time keeping all your stories straight... :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks :) I've been trying to work on it, but I've been gettin such bad headaches it hurts to write a lot. Ashtyn is from the dystopia I started up again this month. Lol I have a hard time keeping them straight too xp

      Delete
    3. Oh, okay. Dystopian can be really neat to write in, I have a several ideas for that genre that I'll be working on sometime soon. I need to work on my Rose contest entry too though. That's too bad, I hope you feel better soon!

      Delete