Friday, May 30, 2014

Liebster Award

I've been nominated for the Liebster Award. A special thank you to Maddie Jay for nominating me. For those of you who don't know the Liebster Award is not really a reward, it's more of a way of helping new blogs get discovered. Liebster is actually German for dearest. The rules for this Award are as follow:

1.Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Nominated 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (You may not nominate the blogger who nominated you)
5. Ask them 11 questions.
6. Let them know about their nomination.

Image Source

Here we go, here are 11 facts about me:

1. I love memorizing random facts and bits of knowledge to quote at odd times.
2. I've been homeschooled my entire life, but took elective classes at the local high school.
3. I'm really good at procrastinating, unfortunately...
4. My favorite way to wear my hair is in a side braid.
5. I'm extremely organized and my closet is awe inspiring to most people.
6. I completed NaNoWriMo last November, and hope to do it again this year.
7. I never add sugar or milk to my tea. My favorite kind is chamomile mint.
8. Whenever I discover a new song that I like I listen to it over and over until I hate it.
9. I have acted in over eight plays, and six small movies.
10. Autumn is my favorite season. I love the colorful leaves, and the crisp feel of the air, but mostly it's because my birthday is October six.
11. I try to read at least one hundred books every year. So far this year I've read thirty one. 

And now for Maddie's questions:

1. If you could only read, or only write, which one would you choose? I would have to say read, because if I couldn't read I never would have discovered the joy of stories, and it would make everyday life nearly impossible. Even if I couldn't write I could still make up stories and tell them to people. It would kill me not to be able to write, but it would be worse if I could never ever lose myself in a book.

2. What is your favorite kind of pop? I don't really like pop that much, but I do enjoy Root Beer sometimes.

3. Tablet or keyboard? Keyboard.

4. Favorite book you've read this year? That would be a tie between The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, and Seraphina by Rachel Hartman.

5. Do you have pets? I do, I have a sweet black and white holland lop named Daisy. Our family also has an orange dog mixed breed named April, she's about ten years old. In the past I've had many different pets including but not limited to: Suicidal fish, dwarf hamsters, messy parakeets, and another rabbit.

6. Ever rode a horse? I've gone trail riding for my thirteenth birthday, and have rode a few other times at my great aunt's house. I love riding, and I wish I could have a horse. Hopefully one day I'll be able to afford one, and live in a place where I could actually keep one.

7. Something crazy you would like to do someday. I would love to hike the entire appalachian trail. Which is really crazy because I'm not a very active person at all.

8. Do you like to draw? I love drawing! If you've looked around my blog a bit I bet you can tell. I hope to someday illustrate a children's book or two. You can check out some of my artwork in my Gallery if you would like.

9. Country or Rock? Country, I love how it always tells a story and contains so much emotion. Besides, who doesn't like a banjo every now and then?

10. Do you like sports? Not that much. I only like to watch sports if they're really exciting. I do like playing a few sports occasionally. I'm not very good but if I really get into it I can get pretty competitive.

11. Where is the farthest you have traveled from home? I've traveled out to Washington state to visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins a long long time ago. I've never been out of the USA but would love to travel internationally some day.

Here are the bloggers I nominate (some of them may have already done this):

1. Elizabeth Marie Kauffman at Visiting with Dragons
2. Gillian Adams at Of Battles, Dragons, and Swords of Adamant
2. Grace M at Fictionally
3. Brooke Faulkner at Teen Words of Steel
4. Hannah at The Writer's Window
5. Skye Hoffert at Ink Castles

And finally here are their 11 questions:

1. What are some of your hobbies, and how did you get into them?
2. What's your favorite animated movie?
3. What's your dream vacation? 
4. Pen or pencil?
5. Something new that you tried and weren't sure about, but ended up loving?
6. What book has influenced you the most in your life?
7. If you could turn into any animal for one day, which animal would you choose?
8. Tea or Coffee?
9. Do you have a celebrity crush, if so, who?
10. What is the strangest thing you've ever done?
11. Describe your current work in progress.

I had a lot of fun doing this. I hope that you learned a few new things about me and discovered a new blog or two to follow. Have a great day everybody!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination, Andrea! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome answers!!
    Banjo's. Are. The. Best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the exact same thing with songs, I always end up hating them. Listening to country right now. I already did the Liebster thing, but thank you so much for nominating me. I'm going to answer your questions in a post because there awesome. Love your tree house drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it drives my sister crazy that I always listen to the same songs, it takes me a while to hate them, but eventually I do. Your welcome, I'm glad you like the questions. I'm looking forward to reading your answers! Thanks, it was a lot of fun to draw. :)

      Delete