Sunday, March 15, 2015

New York City Pictures

Last week I went on a day trip with my family to New York City, it was a lot of fun, and we got to see lots of neat things. The city is huge so we walked a lot and our feet were pretty sore by the time we were done. It was amazing to see all the famous places I've always heard about, and seen on TV, though they all seemed a lot smaller in person. I guess you can make anything look bigger with a little movie magic. Anyway, all the buildings and different types of textures and structures makes the big apple a great place for photography. So here's a few of the pictures I took in NYC.

Times Square and Mcdonalds, you know you can find these everywhere...

The Lady Liberty. She looked a lot smaller, but I guess we were a bit far away.

Signs of the Times. I love the visual interest this scene has with all the different signs going in different directions.

The Nine Eleven Memorial. White roses stuck in the carved names of the remembered. 

Souvenirs, and these are even smaller than the original! Pocket sized. 

Times Square and Broadway at night. Seriously all those signs and flashing lights are enough to give anyone a seizer. I'm telling you, it's a safety hazard...

What about you? Have you ever been to NYC? If so, what did you think? If not, where have you been recently? Comment below!

8 comments:

  1. I like your "signs" pic. :) Lots of color and an interesting comment. And it just so happens to be an off hand that you were near Greenwich Village. I notice that your Nine Eleven pic is the only one in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I felt that it captured the emotion of the place in black and white much better than in color.

      Delete
  2. Your good at photography. I want to go to New York so bad. I got to do some small roadtrips this year, those are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a lot of fun, I hope you can make it sometime, though I suggest going in the summer, it was really cold. Yes they are, especially when you get to do them with friends.

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to go to New York, but I've never gotten around to it :( I would love to go to New York with some of my friends...:)
    This post and pictures made me smile, so thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to go sometime, it was really cool.

      Really? That makes me so glad! :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty cool! Were the streets super crowded, or not so much because of winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were people everywhere, but it wasn't that bad. Probably because of winter.

      Delete