Sunday, April 13, 2014

Festival of Faith and Writing

Image Source

Over the weekend I attended my first writing conference: Calvin College's Festival of Faith and Writing. Over the past three days I did a lot of walking, listened to many different speakers, filled my mind with new ideas and concepts, met fellow writers, and added many more books to my ever growing to read list.


I learned many new things, some of which I will share with you over the next few weeks, but if you asked me what one thing I took away from the conference as a whole, what stood out to me the most. Between the many speakers and lectures, the endless topics and ideas. The thing that made the biggest impression on me was the fact that writing is not a career choice made by me, writing is not a fun hobby I decided to pick up, writing is not a way for me to win fame and fortune. 

Writing is what I've been called to do by God. It was never up to me, I've been called by God, and I never stood a chance, even from the beginning.
Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment